These Bell Pepper Nachos allow you to enjoy nachos in a healthy way! The peppers make the perfect scoop for the delicious filling, and the best part of all is that they come together in just about 20 minutes! They make for a wonderful lunch, dinner, or appetizer, and they even make great leftovers!
- 1 lbLean ground turkey
- 1/2 tspGarlic powder
- 1 tspChili powder
- 1 tspCumin
- 1/2 tspPepper
- 1/2 tspSalt
- 1 cupSalsa
- 1 cup2% cheddar cheese, shredded
- 24mini bell peppers (or 3 regular size medium bell peppers)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Cut the top off a thin layer off of the top of the mini bell peppers, (lengthwise) in order to make the pepper a “boat” for the filling and remove the seeds and core. (If using large bell peppers, cut each pepper into 8 wedges.) Place on baking pan.
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Half way through cooking, add the spices and 1/2 cup salsa. Continue to cook until the turkey is fully browned, then turn off heat. Add the rest of the salsa (1/2 cup) to the pan and stir to combine.