These 40 Calorie Clean Eating Peanut Butter Cups are the perfect clean eating swap out for sugary candy! The peanut butter filling is rich and creamy, and is coated with the perfect amount of chocolate for a match made in heaven! You can make these peanut butter cup treats into any shape you desire using any shape cookie cutter, making them a delicious treat any time of year! Enjoy!
- 1/4 cupProtein powder 
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsOat flour
- 1/4 tspSalt
- 4 tbsPeanut butter 
- 1/4 cupBaking stevia 
- 3 tbsUnsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cupChocolate chips of choice 
 I like Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth protein powder
 If your nut butter isn’t already runny, melt it slightly in the microwave for 30-60 seconds or until it is melted and runny.
 I like Natural Mate Baking Stevia. Or 1/2 cup sweetener that measures like sugar.
 I like Lilly’s Stevia Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- Line a small baking pan or plate with parchment paper or a silicon baking mat to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together everything except for the 3 tbs oat flour and chocolate chips, and stir until well combined. The mixture should resemble cookie dough, and will be sticky. Add the 3 tbs additional oat flour to the dough once it is mixed, in order to make it less sticky. Bring the dough together to form a ball.
- Place the ball onto parchment paper or siplat mat, or onto a floured clean countertop and roll with a rolling pin into 1/4 inch dough. Press a small cookie cutter (any shape of choice) into dough, making 20 total, (Don’t waste any batter, pick up leftovers, kneed, press with your palms and you will be able to cut out at least a few more.)
- Place peanut butter cut outs on baking pan place in the freezer until firm (at least 30 minutes).
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe mug or bowl, microwaving in 30 second intervals, stirring in-between until all the chocolate is melted. (Or you could melt the chocolate over a double boiler on the stovetop). Using a fork or spatula, dip into melted chocolate to cover completely. Gently tap the fork to drip of the excess of chocolate. (Since the peanut butter mixture softens really fast at the room temperature, I suggest you to take just a few at the time from the freezer, because it’s easier to work with the firm.) Place chocolate covered pb cups back onto the parchment paper lined tray. Refrigerate or freeze until chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge or freeze for longer storage.