This Skinny Mexican Lasagna is a delicious Mexican style spin on a traditional lasagna. The “noodles” are replaced with corn tortillas, making it gluten free, and it is mild enough for kids, making it family friendly! The best part is, it only requires a few simple ingredients that makes it easy to assemble for a busy weeknight dinner! It also makes wonderful leftovers, and freezes well, making it the ideal week night meal!
- 18Regular size corn tortillas
- 1 (1 lb) canRed enchilada sauce
- 3 cupsCooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 1 (15 oz) canCorn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) canBlack beans, rinsed or drained
- 1 1/2 cupsPlain Greek yogurt
- 2 tspCumin
- 2 tspChili powder
- 2 cupsShredded cheese of choice
- Optional Toppings:Cilantro or green onion
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix the chicken and 1 1/2 cup enchilada sauce into a medium bowl, along with the corn and beans. In another media bowl, mix greek yogurt with seasonings and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Begin layering the lasagna by placing 6 corn tortillas in the bottom of the pan, followed by 1/2 the chicken mixture, and 1/2 the greek yogurt mixture. Repeat layers, starting with 6 corn tortillas, chicken mixture, greek yogurt mixture, and ending with 6 tortillas. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and the remaining 1 cup shredded cheese. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling and cheese is melted.
- Let cool slightly and sprinkle with cilantro and/or green onions if desired. Enjoy!